Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Trading plan template

Whether trading stocks, forex or futures, you have to develop a trading plan. It helps you clear trading goals, develop the trading strategies, and define your trading activity. Now I will display a trading plan template.

First of all, why are you trading? Rookies just want to earn extra income. However, I am going to learn how to trade Forex and how to track my trading performance.

Second, some veteran traders can get a 10% monthly return in Forex trading. So I want to make the monthly goals about 10%.

Third, what is a Forex trader's morning routine?
  • I will set a Forex trading checklist at 7:50. 
  • I will review the Forex trading plan and diary at 8:15. It helps in reaching an optimal mental state.
  • At last, I will clean the Forex trading room at 8:30.
Fourth, which stocks, currency pairs, Exchange-traded fund or futures to trade? It is said that veteran traders always focus on one currency pair. Therefore, I will focus on trading AUDUSD.

Fifth, how to build your trading strategies? I will use the moving average crossover strategy and the grid trading strategy.
  • I will use time frame analysis to find the entry and exit points
  • use a trend line to identify the dominant trend on the weekly chart
  • If I had identified the direction of the trend, I will trade with the moving average strategy on the daily chart.
  • If prices are bound between support and resistance levels, I will use the RSI indicator on the daily chart.
Sixth, What time frames will you trade? 
  • I will check out the weekly chart. It will help me determine the overall trend
  • I will look at the daily chart and spot an entry point.
Seventh, I should try to avoid large losses. So I will open a demo account and practice my futures trading strategy.


Eighth, I will open a trading account with $20000. But I just use a small percentage of it. For example, 30%-40%. I will never risk more than 10% per trade.

Ninth, how to keep a trading journal? I think it is important to keep a trading journal. So I will update it every evening.

At last, there is an old saying: "plan your trade and trade your plan". So if you don't create a trading plan, you will not make more money as a trader. Now you have to write a trading plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment